In Outlook 2007, you may find that your green, red and yellow presence icons no longer appear next to names (e.g., in the TO field of messages or the attendee list for appointments).
To resolve the missing presence icons issue in Windows 7, you will need to uninstall Office Communicator from your laptop and install the latest version. Please view the instructions below:
- Sign out from Office Communicator.
- Download the new version of Office Communicator, save the file on your computer, and then rename the file to Communicator.msi (remove the x from .msix file extension)
- Uninstall the current version of Office Communicator
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
- Locate Kellogg Office Communicator, and choose Uninstall
- Follow the on screen prompts to finish the uninstallation.
- Install the new verson of Office Communicator
- Double-click the Communicator.msi file and choose Run.
- Click Next to being the install.
- Accept the license terms and click Next
- Choose a directory to install to and click Install.
- The User Account Control prompt will appear. Click Continue.
- After installation is complete, click Finish
- Log onto Office Communicator