We planned our Gokarna trip after going through the following travelogues:
1. Booked both onward and return A/C Volvo bus tickets from Bangalore to Gokarna through KSRTC website http://www.ksrtc.in/ two weeks in advance.
2. “Gokarna International” is the only budget accommodation option I could get online. Note that there are two “Gokarna International”, one on the temple main road (can be booked through http://www.cleartrip.com/) and the other at the Kudle beach (with no provision to book online). We opted for the prior with online booking option to be on the safer side.
3. We used auto rickshaw to commute between hotel and beaches. We met with a friendly auto rickshaw driver named Hammo (Mobile: 09632372530) who charged Rs. 100/- and dropped us to Kudle beach from “Gokarna International” hotel. We relied on the same auto driver for all our subsequent pick-up/drop requirements.
4. We trekked from Kudle beach to Om beach and then to Half Moon and Paradise beach. The trail from Om beach to Half Moon and Paradise beach is really adventurous. Overall the entire trek from Kudle beach to Paradise beach took around 2-3 hours with some leisure halts and relaxing on the way.
5. We took a boat while returning from Paradise beach to Om beach. Relished the sunset at Om beach and then returned back to hotel for a quick freshen-up.
6. After that we went to Gokarna Temple (it closes by 8:00 pm) and then made a quick visit to Gokarna beach nearby. We had dinner on our way back to hotel. There are lots of eating joints to try out on the temple main road and near Gokarna bus depot.
7. Next day we checked-out from the hotel, kept the luggage at reception and went to Kudle beach. We spent the entire day at Kudle beach enjoying the sea, sand and the clear blue sky. We had our lunch at Dragon Café. The food was really delicious (we ordered some fish curries and fired rice) and the view of beach from the restaurant shack further added to the taste.
8. After enjoying a relaxing sunset at the Kudle beach, we went back to the hotel, picked-up our luggage and reached Gokarna bus stand. We grabbed some snack items from a nearby restaurant and then boarded the bus for our journey back to Bangalore. Overall it was an awesome weekend gateway, really enjoyed the fun filled excursion and created memories that’s going to last forever.